Wednesday, January 18, 2012

POST MOTHER MAY I PHASE 1













I've finally been able to do a few updates to the Mother May I blog...there is still much audio & video from the week of performances to sift through, and eventually it will make its way up there as well...

I am so grateful to all of the artists & experiencers with whom I shared the installation week. It was unlike anything I've ever been a part of artistically, let alone created! I still haven't found the right words to truly process the experience.

Unexpectedly, a catharsis sanctuary was created out of that space with those connections and intentions....it healed me deeply, and based on the numerous letters and comments I have received, I feel it worked on a number of other people as well. Thank you again for your deep participation and vulnerability. As I move forward into Phase 2 of the project I have a much greater understanding of the potential of the piece....this is only the beginning.

"Mother May I learn from you, but find my own voice - transforming difficulties of the past into opportunities for the future?"

http://mothermayimakewaves.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment