Monday, January 2, 2012

DUETS WITH TREY GUNN

After 7 years of friendship and a handful of collaborations with me in the business/administration chair, I finally got to play with Trey this past December.

I had a strong hunch that it would be beautiful, but I really didn't expect the level of communication & magic we accessed....it was, to echo Trey's words, "SUBLIME"......

A recording was made of the evening, and hopefully that will surface in the not too distant future.

I'm still swirling from it really, all of it, and can't help but wonder, if that's what happened when we played together for the very first time - in the very first moment - with no plans or preconceptions, then what could we do if we actually developed something, both improvisationally and compositionally....I honestly do hope there's an opportunity to find out...





No comments:

Post a Comment