Sunday, November 22, 2009

LIVING ROOM PARTY 1

I believe what you do alone in your living room is who you really are....my artistic process these days is entirely focused on the discipline of performing/collaborating from the same place I work from when alone, unwatched, & uninhibited in my studio.

I improvise A LOT. voice, clarinets, wind-up toys, shoes on the floor, kitchen utensils, a resonant leather chair...doesn't matter, I love to fuck with sound and live with an almost constant track of sound design playing in my mind/body which sometimes manifests audibly to other people....

*this here video is the first recording I've ever made of myself beth-boxing* from the safety of your own computing device you can now observe this explosively passionate creature in its natural habitat....



2 comments:

  1. I've always found the Politics of Military Convergence and Neo-Classical Realism as it pertains to post-Cold War Armed Forces Reform in Britain, France and Germany to be fascinating. Thanks for expanding upon this basic premise and adding your own unique perspective to such a chronically misunderstood concept.

    Beth, I'd say 'you rock', but that's not the half of it.

    ReplyDelete