Monday, June 11, 2012

REGROUND - UNDERGROUND

There has been so much awesome - so much crazy - so much awful - so much "I can't fucking believe this is really happening" over the last couple of months, and in concentrated form over the last couple of weeks, that I have fallen a bit behind on my journaling here....I'm getting back to it, in the midst of finding my balance in the launch of a whole bunch of other things and a continued effort to deepen my practice - physically, emotionally, sonically, spiritually...stay tuned for many impending posts...

More videos from this excursion to come, but here is a short 2 minutes I took to open up my voice in the Cistern at Centrum. I was recording clarinet & bass clarinet in a variety of spaces for Wayne Horvitz over 5 days at Fort Worden, but I had to take a quick moment to see what that room felt like pumped full of crystal beth...

....45 second reverb, people...45 seconds....

About the cistern:

http://centrum.org/dan-harpole-cistern-at-fort-worden-state-park/

No comments:

Post a Comment