Saturday, February 5, 2011

PAST PROJECTS

I came across these videos thanks to google alerts. This was a project by the so very awesome Timothy Young and Paul Moore back in 2003.

I got to do this gig because I was still in school and they called the college looking for a bass clarinetist. I rented a bass clarinet to be able to do it......a horn I eventually bought over the course of the four years following, and still play on today. Thus, this gig was the birth of Beatrice - BCOD, and the beginning of introducing the bass clarinet as a consistent part of my performance work.

This project was also one of the first public shows I did upon returning to Seattle after a 2 year hiatus to rehabilitate an injury to my mouth that caused nerve damage. So at the same time, it was kind of like my birth back in to the Seattle music scene at the beginning of a re-commitment I made to my work as an artist.

Thanks Tim and Paul - I love your music!





No comments:

Post a Comment